Monday, November 02, 2009

BOO! Happy Halloween!

This is the first year I have let my kids be what they wanted to be. I'll bet many of you are saying aaawwww come on mom really? Yes! I have always made my kids go with the same kind of theme. The year before last they were THING 1 and THING 2 and last year they all went as characters from Scooby Doo. Well this year I allowed them to express themselves instead of them expressing me and what I want. I guess with their growing independence it was time and I think they did a great job. It is probably no surprise that Mason dressed up as Indiana Jones. And Taylor is a Gargoyle Fairy...whatever that means (that's just what it said on her costume). Of course Baker couldn't really help pick out his costume so I saw these cute carter's pajama's about 2 months ago with skeletons and said that's it. Done! I thought it was a great idea to dress him in his pj's and once we got home we threw him in his bed. After taking some pictures in front of the house and trick or treating at some houses in our neighborhood we headed over to Jen's neighborhood for some more candy and fun! No hills in that neighborhood. Despite the rain, the kids had a blast with their friends but had more fun diving into the candy once we got back home. As for Tony and myself, we got some take out and curled up on the couch and watched TENNESSEE win against SOUTH CAROLINA. GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and don't make fun of my mums not being planted. I finally got around to doing that yesterday.






Mason with his buddies Collin and Parker



Gangsters Cooper and Spencer

Getting ready to head out in the rain

Taylor and her best friend Grace

Mason and his other buddy Whit..I promise he is under there soemwhere

Once again God's reminder of his beauty even on Halloween night

Jen, Kelly and myself in the pouring rain...we felt a lot wetter than we look




I didn't even bother fixing the kids dinner that night. Why would I waste my time? Doesn't the above picture look like a healthy meal to you? At least they thought so. I can assure you that after ingesting as much candy as they did, the candy induced coma made them sleep like babies. Hope you all had a wonderful night and it was full of wonderful memories.

No comments: