Thursday, August 06, 2009

Taylor goes to Camp Ba Yo Ca

This is the first year we have ever considered letting Taylor go to camp. I mean she is 8! I think that's a little young to be gone a whole week, especially at an overnight camp for a week. After learning it was an ALL GIRLS camp and her friends were going too we said YES! She was so excited until the night before. She started getting very anxious right before bed with crying and the whole drama bit. I assured her she would be fine. Off to bed she went. At about 2:00 in the morning guess who shows up in my bed...crying of course. We talked for about an hour about her fears then off to bed she went again. When morning came she was so excited and ready to go. Thank goodness because I didn't spend hours shopping for just the right bug spray and little shampoos for nothing. Anyway, Taylor and the girls had an absolute blast despite the 342 mosquito bites, ticks, and lack of showering during the week. She has already asked to go back next year.

I got all the girls a camp journal, stationary set, camp stickers and a camp picture frame...too cute!

The morning our angels left for camp
(Reese, Grace and Taylor)

Best Friends sticking together...even getting on the bus. How cute!


This is when I started to cry





Bus leaving......Boo Hoo! YEAH YEAH!!! So many emotions ha ha!

When we went to pick the girls up, we were able to get their luggage before they got there. So Jen and I went through their bags. Ask me if ANYTHING was packed like it was when she left? NO! Wet clothes, wet and stinky shoes and what in the world is this?

Oh and then theirs this thing. Guess she used our hard earned money to buy this thing as a souvenier...which by the way Mason broke only 15 minutes after Taylor got home.


Me, Jen and Shannon bored waiting on the girls to return.

Here they come!!!

Of course I had my camera. Do you want to know what she said when she got off that bus? "Mom, stop. You're embarrassing me!" Are you kidding? I send my baby girl away for a week and she comes back a big girl getting embarrassed by the things I do. If I had known that she was going to grow up on me at camp I NEVER would have let he go.







"I"M HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

These are the letters she found on her bed when she got home. I wrote her a letter everyday she was gone so she would know how much we missed her sweet precious face.




No comments: