Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Girls trip to Greensboro, NC

What a wonderful weekend of fellowship I had with these wonderful girls! It was awesome getting away from the family for a few days to go listen to Beth Moore, Kay Arthur, Priscilla Shirer and of course Travis Cottrell. Don't get me wrong, I love my family, but some girl time was much needed. We started our trip by meeting at Calhoun's early in the morning. I knew it was going to be tough with 3 cars trying to follow each other and boy was I right. I won't mention any names about which car headed to Nashville INSTEAD of Asheville right off the bat. We did eventually make it there after many many potty breaks, a rain storm through the mountains, and a great lunch...it only took 7 1/2 hours!!!!! And thanks to Holly for our "Road Trip Survival Packages." You are too sweet and funny Holly!


Holly, Shannon, Janie, Me and Jen waiting on the other car to get there

Oh look...now Heather's in the picture ha ha!

Jen and I playing around before we headed out...Can anyone find a BOO BOO on Jen's head? I know you can Jen...ha ha it's like where's Waldo. For those of you who can't...look right above Jen's left eye. She dropped a camera on it while we were taking these pictures. I think I laughed so hard I almost used the bathroom on myself!

Amy, Holly, Me, Jen, Heather, Janie, Angel, Shannon, Michelle, and Jennifer




Greensboro Coliseum


After the conference we found THE CUTEST dessert and coffee shop that was open at 10:30 p.m. It was called Maxie B's...I mean just look at the pictures below. They need one here in Knoxville!




"It's not just a girl thing....It's a God thing"
(that's what is written on our t-shirts)





And look who it is! My friend Carmen who lives in Greensboro that came to dinner with us.
It was great seeing you girlfriend!!!!

No comments: