Monday, April 14, 2008

Devotional

… I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands.” Isaiah 49:15-16

Hands are an interesting addition to the body. They come in all different shapes, sizes and even colors. Hands have many uses as well. They can be used for picking things up, for cleaning (yes, the “C” word), for cooking, for comfort and also for discipline, just to name a few. Hands can also have many misuses as well, like in cases of abuse and violence. There are young hands and old hands. Smooth hands and wrinkled hands. Calloused hands and bony hands.

When we look to Jesus in the Bible, His hands are always bringing about good. In His ministry on Earth, Jesus used His hands to heal the sick, to comfort those who needed comforting, to work in His father’s carpentry shop, to hold and teach children, and to confront sin present in the moneychangers at the temple gates. In Isaiah 49, Jesus makes it clear that He loves and cares for each of us by reminding us that He will never forget us. We have been engraved on His precious hands! In the engraving process, the desired figure or artwork is burned into the product in order to make a lasting impression that cannot be removed. He… remembers… us… always! I love that about God.

We are on His hands! Notice I said, “on,” and not just “in.” We so often hear that we are in His hands but, today, claim His promise that you cannot be removed!

Prayer:
Dear Lord, thank you for dying for me on the cross so long ago. Thank you that I can have salvation forever by believing in you. I am so happy to know that I am forever on your hands and not just in your hands. Use my hands today to direct someone to you! Amen.

1 comment:

Heather Davis said...

Love it! How true and what a great comfort that is to be literally "on" His hands!

Glad to hear Mason has come around. They all 3 certainly look like angels!! :) Miss you guys!
Heather