Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Awards Presentation at School

Taylor and her friends at the PTA meeting where Taylor was presented with a trophy for winning 2ND place in a Citizenship Essay Contest.

Way to go Taylor! We are so proud of you!


"I Pledge to Make a Difference"
by Taylor
"I pledge to make a difference. I can help the community because I have been saving my money for the poor and who have nothing at all. At Christmas time, my mommy and daddy are going to let me pick out a special gift for somebody I don't know. I hope this gift will be special to them and I hope it will bring happiness and peace and goodness to the world."
This was Taylor's essay that she wrote all by herself. Absolutely no help from Tony or I. This winning essay came straight from this little girls heart...a big one at that! Well, we took her to get her special gifts for this someone she doesn't know. We found out that a family that goes to her school was in need of clothes and toys. Their house burned down and they were left with nothing. Taylor felt the Lord leading her to anonymously buy gifts for this family. We bought a few toys that we wrapped for them to open Christmas morning but more importantly she wanted to buy them a Bible. We did, and then on Christmas morning I wrapped an empty box that her and Mason opened. Needless to say they were very surprised to find nothing inside. At that very moment, we prayed for this family that we did not know and prayed that the Bible we bought them would be used and read to bring peace, goodness and happiness to this family...just as Taylor had written a couple months before in her essay.
God is so good and so faithful!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taylor, Gumpdaddy and I are so proud of essay and that you won 2nd place. More importantly, we are so happy and proud that you are of service to God. We love you, Mason, Mommy and Daddy.
Nana

mimi said...

Taylor,
As Nana said,WE ARE PROUD!!!!! Papa and I are also proud of all you have done this year in developing your relationship with the Lord and all the sweet ways you have helped others. Also all your prayers for Papa.
Mason, also all you did for the service men and other sweet things you do for Jesus.
Mimi